Aim & Activities
NERDVET’s purpose is to design and implement a model for integrating in an organic way critical thinking & media literacy skills as learning outcomes within VET curricula, by means of a «critical learning approach».
This implies the development and testing of an educational Toolkit, in order to equip VET trainers with the competences, methods, didactical techniques and learning resources needed to effectively tackle the topics of critical thinking and media literacy during their classes.
The project’s expected results are to:
- IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF TEACHING among VET teachers
- IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF LEARNING among VET students by enhancing their critical thinking skills, so that they can actively face future innovation and changes both in their professional and social life.
- Provide VET students with MEDIA LITERACY COMPETENCES, so that they can become critically aware citizens and use digital media in a more informed way.
- Stimulate CULTURAL AWARENESS AMONG VET STUDENTS, to favour inclusion and their proactive participation to social and civic life in society.
Project activities are grouped in the following Work Packages:
DEVELOPMENT OF THE EDUCATIONAL TOOLKIT (WP2):
Creation of a model based on teaching methods and learning resources (Toolkit) to integrate training on critical thinking skills and online media literacy (the Internet and social media) in VET curricula’s subject matters.
IMPLEMENTATION OF THE EDUCATIONAL TOOLKIT (WP3):
Testing of the Educational toolkit among students through a pilot action, carried out by a group of trainers belonging to the partner VET providers.
VALIDATION AND UPSCALING (WP4):
- Review, integration and improvement of the Toolkit based on the results of the evaluation of the pilot action.
- Preparation of a set of Guidelines for VET providers to implement the toolkit.
- Proposal of a set of recommendations for education policy makers.
DISSEMINATION & EXPLOITATION (WP5):
Promotion of NERDVET’s results and activities carried out by the project partners in regional, national and European contexts to raise awareness, disseminate, engage policy makers, families and stakeholders.